The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a critical member of SFM Services’ Executive Leadership Team. We are looking for an experienced COO to plan, direct, and oversee our organization’s ongoing business and functional operations. This person will be the second in command, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and is responsible for all day-to-day operations. By setting comprehensive and measurable organizational goals for performance, productivity, quality, and profitable growth - the COO will motivate and inspire employees during this period of transformational growth. The goal of the COO is to set and execute the strategy to scale the business, grow profitably, achieve continuous process improvement - all while providing exceptionally high levels of client satisfaction to our clients.
COO will have the following departments/divisions reporting to him/her: HR, Security, Landscape, Janitorial Services, Landscape Services, Security Services, Human Resources, Fleet & Facilities Management, Safety / Risk Management, & Quality Control.
The COO will need to have a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mindset and have the range to think strategically, yet many times get involved in more tactical matters that impact operations.
Location: Miami, Florida
Application Close Date: 5/31/21
Essential Job Functions
• Oversee the annual planning process and its alignment with the strategic plan, target operating model, organizational objectives and budgets, as well as the execution of short- and long-term deliverables.
• Develop & enhance strategies that are translated into specific objectives and plans, encouraging cross-functional collaboration to align efforts, and set realistic yet aggressive timeframes for achieving objectives.
• Lead the P&L by creating and overseeing functional and business unit operating budgets. Responsible for leading a culture of operating efficiency, efficient management of resources, smart expense discipline, & continuous process improvement.
• Create a culture of data-driven decision-making, including the creation and implementation of dashboards, KPI’s and detailed management reporting - driven by data/analytics/metrics in order to improve operating results.
• IT- Technology: Continue to drive technology transformation across all business units and functions with new and enhanced tools and technology in order to drive operational improvements and reduce costs.
• People: Individual will do continuous comprehensive talent assessments and develop a strong SFM bench to allow the organization to grow, prosper and have the appropriate resiliency.
• Continue the development and implementation of enhanced policies, procedures, SOP’s, Best Practices, automation, digitization in order to eliminate manual processes and service clients quicker and faster.
• Risk Management / Safety: Drive a culture of pro-active risk management in order to ensure that our clients, employees, and vendors are safe and secure. Ensure that all equipment is operating optimally and efficiently with no hazards. Reduce organizations risk profile by improving loss trends.
• Obsessive focus on client engagement to ensure that SFM’s client service delivery is exceeding expectations. This will include constant engagement with clients, implementation, and review of CRM metrics, addressing key complaints and achieving ‘exceptional’ levels of client survey results.
• Oversee a comprehensive organization-wide performance management process and work closely with managers to ensure delivery.
• Coach and develop managers throughout the organization; ensuring they have the people management and development skills needed to be best-in-class managers.