Under direct supervision of the Corporate Controller, the Manager coordinates all accounting operations and provides oversight of operational procedures. The Manager also will be responsible for the supervision and hands-on management of Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and payroll. Hires and manages a staff of other accounting clerks and oversees that their work meets the organization’s standards. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
SR Human Resources Manager
Location: Miami, Florida
Application Close Date: 5/31/21
Essential Job Functions
• Oversees daily accounting activities.
• Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
• Ensure that accounts receivable are billed and collected promptly.
• Supervise and oversee the work of the accounting clerks.
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Maintains an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other personnel in resolving financial issues.
• Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
• Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Maintains financial security by enforcing the adherence of internal controls.
• Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Establish and maintain relationships with individual or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
• Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Collaborate to ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met accurately.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Business with related accounting management experience
• 6+ years of accounting-related experience, including 2-3 years of management experience
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint), accounting software (NetSuite, QuickBooks), payroll processing systems, and databases
• Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
• Knowledge of tools like Teams, Skype, Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, Box, Dropbox, ShareFile
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to direct and supervise.
• Experience in service-oriented industries in commercial property management and construction
• Technology management acumen (networks, ERP systems, and software integration) is a plus
• High Volume a/r contract billing experience, project progress billing, and job cost accounting preferred
• Strong Oral speech, presentation, and writing skills preferred