For this reason, the Student Activities Committee and Campus Ministry will be hosting Freshmen Field Day on March 2nd.
This event will consist of an abbreviated Freshmen retreat and field day. After consulting with the school’s Administration and Covid 19 Task Force, we are confident that we can provide a safe outdoor environment abiding by all guidelines and protocol for students to nurture their spiritual, physical, and social well-being.
In order for us to continue planning this event, we will need you to complete the following survey. Please make every effort to fill out the survey once per student. We need your response to the survey by the end of the school day Monday February 22nd. Field Day Survey
Here is some important information pertaining to Freshmen Field Day.
1. Students are expected to arrive on campus by 7:45am in order to begin the retreat at 8:00am.
2. Students are expected to be dressed appropriately in a Columbus t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers.
3. Water will be provided to students throughout the day.
4. Freshmen will be dismissed at 11:30am.
5. All activities will take place outdoors and all school safety protocol will be followed. Every student will be required to wear a mask during the event and hand sanitizing stations will be available.
6. Again, students will spend the majority of their time outdoors. Students will not be in the classroom, but may have an indoor event, in which case, all safety guidelines will be met.
We are excited for this opportunity as we recognize the importance of their physical, social, and spiritual growth during these trying times. There is nothing more important than the safety and well being of our young men. We assure you that every precaution will be taken to keep our young men and school community safe.