Christopher Columbus High School aims to ensure an equitable learning environment for all students. We do not provide modifications to the curriculum, but students with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodation(s) within the classroom setting and assessments. Parents/guardians must provide a current copy of an IEP, 504 Plan, Individualized Learning Plan, and/or Psychoeducational Evaluation by a licensed psychologist.
The Psychoeducational Evaluation must:
- State the specific disability
- Be current – completed within the last three years
- Provide relevant educational, developmental, and medical history
- Describe the comprehensive testing and results used to arrive at the diagnosis
- Describe the functional limitations
- Describe the specific accommodation in relation to the disability
- Establish the professional credentials of the evaluator
The counseling department will review all documents submitted, determine if there is a demonstrated need, and will create a School Accommodation Plan. The submission of an evaluation does not guarantee that the school can provide any or all accommodations, if these exceed what the school can provide through the academic program or campus facilities. School Accommodation Plans will be reviewed annually to determine continued eligibility.