Based on the guidance of our expert COVID-19 Return to School Task Force, which includes physicians, health care workers, members of our School Board, community leaders, faculty, and staff, we are OFFERING PARENTS THE OPTION to send their son to school for on campus instruction starting Monday, September 21. We WILL CONTINUE to offer eLearning for those families who would like to keep their son at home until they are more comfortable returning back to on campus instruction.
Enhanced Social Distancing
Explorers who will return to campus starting the week of September 21st are asked to observe an enhanced social distance strategy. It is an important part of our strategy to minimize risk and keep COVID-19 out of our school community.
During this period, we ask that you monitor your health, reduce your contact with others and follow guidance consistent with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including:
- Taking your temperature 2x a day and monitor for fever.
- Watching for cough, trouble breathing or additional COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staying home and avoiding contact with others outside of your home.
- Maintaining a physical distance from others (about 6 feet).
- Wearing a face mask or covering when in public settings or while interacting with others outside of the home.
- Seeking medical attention if you develop a fever, other symptoms and/or test positive for COVID-19. Do not come to campus until you receive further instructions.
Also during this time, parents will be asked to complete a Tell Us Your Preference form that will serve as an overview for CCHS Administration to continue preparing campus/classrooms for the safe return of students.