Christopher Columbus High School’s partnership with Prepworks
provides all students with a national award-winning online, adaptive test prep in school to help maximize standardized test scores and college readiness, in addition to on campus weekend workshops throughout the year. Please read below for more details on both programs.
About Prepworks Methodology
Prepworks not only reviews and reinforces core knowledge in every program, but also exposes students to PSAT/SAT/ACT question types, timing, and specific strategies that have proven successful over the past decade. Prepworks consistently helps thousands of students improve an average of 300 SAT points and 5 ACT points with full completion of the program(s).
How Does It Work?
PREPWORKS Learning Positioning System® (LPS) is the educational equivalent of a GPS navigation system, gathering thousands of data points based on each student’s individual responses to provide customized Learning Paths to help students maximize achievement on standardized tests. Content is divided into Blocks, and students begin with short Skill Assessments. Based on student performance, LPS technology will read the student's personal strengths and weaknesses to deliver custom-tailored content. As the student continues to answer questions and complete activities, the LPS will re-calculate each student's Learning Path to maximize results. Each Learning Module takes between 30 minutes to complete each week.
Online Program Features
- Full-length Practice Tests for PSAT, SAT and ACT
- Thousands of real test questions based on individual performance levels
- Hundreds of Core Knowledge videos to explain essential concepts and strategies
- Hundreds of Problem-Solving videos with step-by-step solution
- Weekly live Virtual Office Hours with Prepworks tutors via video, chat, & screen-share every Monday 7-9m EST
- Real-time Progress Reports and Standards Reports